Monday, November 13, 2006

Tips for Physics Paper 3!

I understand that Physics paper 2 was quite challenging! Dun panic, I m sure most stds, not jus Hwa Chong students, would have found the paper very challenging too... in fact, it might be to our favour...
In any case, dun let ur performance of papers tat u ve taken to affect ur performance... in fact paper 3 would be the most impt paper as it constitutes the most number of marks. Many stds have been asking mi abt tips. Frankly, no one knows what will come out for paper 3. But I would strongly recommend that you focus on the following topics (in order of priority):

1. Kinematics, Dynamics (Newton's laws), Forces & Work, Energy and Power.
2. Gravitaion* & Electric Field*
3. Electromagnetism and Electromagnetic Induction*
4. Electronics* & AC
5. Radioactivity* & Quantum Physics - Photoelectric effect and line spectra*
6. General Waves concepts (phase, progressive waves, polarisation etc) and Stationary Waves

Of course, the questions that might be set could be a mixture of different topics. But if you focus on at least 4 of the above sections you should be fine. Personally I like to do questions on those topics with *, 'cause they are generally easier to score well. If possible, focus on the topics that you are more confident in doing. Practise and look through as many questions as possible, especially definitions and derivations.

Ok, that's all folks! I think you should feel better after paper 3. Good luck to all!

PS: The above is just some recommendations and not quite a prediction for what will come out for paper 3, so please do not hold me responsible (or scratch my car) if the info has not been particularly helpful for you.

No comments: