Saturday, April 07, 2007

05S7A Appreciation Dinner

I am a man of few words... haha... jus kidding.

But obviously giving speeches has never been my forte. Perhaps I always have too much going on in my mind that I am often lost for words. esp when i get emotional. jus like this evening.
Frankly, tonight mus been one of the most enjoyable dinner since a long long time. dint realise my 05S7a stds are so appreciative, even to host a dinner for us :)

Being appreciated by stds is perhaps e best gift that any teacher would hope for. After teaching in Hwa Chong for several years now, I came to realise tat perhaps e most important trait of a successful teacher is not how knowledgeable he or she is, or even how well he or she can teach the content, but rather, in my opinion, it's how much he or she cares for e stds.

My philosophy is not to expect rewards from stds, as not all stds are so appreciative. But more often than not, I would be pleasantly surprised by my stds, to realise that I have made a positive impact on their lives.

To my beloved stds of 05S7A

I am reviving my blog for you guys! I guess this is perhaps e best way for us to keep in touch!
Thanks for all e notes, gifts and yummy dinner! even bought mi a broccoli! tink ur bio and chem tutors who "only" receives small roses mus be extremely jealous... haha :)

After I left e dinner, I rushed to my next appointment but the notes were too tempting for me not to read. I started reading when the traffic light turned red at e junction! haha...

i felt it hasn't been tat long ago when we first met in class, and we clicked amazingly well. I really had lots of fun teaching u guys for e past 2 years, although at times I was so busy and couldn't fully prepare for lessons ;) (but i guess no one detects tat... haha)

Everyone of us has now gone on to e next phase of our lives, including myself. I hope that your 2 years in Hwa Chong has been an unforgettable experience. Hwa Chong has a special place in my heart, and hopefully she has a special place in yours too. And very importantly, cherish e friendship with your classmates, and continue to support each other in times of difficulties.

May the Chow Power be with you!

No comments: